Project Overview and Role:
The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment (CFYE) is a 7-year programme funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, that aims to create a prosperous future for 200,000 young women and men in the Middle East, North Africa, Sahel & West Africa and Horn of Africa regions. The Fund will be supporting initiatives in 11 focus countries that will offer youth, in particular young women, opportunities for work that is demand-driven and productive, offering a stable income and safe working conditions, and that is contributing to their personal development and social protection.
Private sector, civil society and knowledge institutions will be invited to submit proposals geared to scalable solutions for creating more and better jobs and income generating opportunities for youth. Solutions will in particular focus on an integrated approach that addresses the shortcomings on the demand side (jobs) and supply side (skills) and bridging the mismatch between these two in the labour market.
WIC Capital is a local capital provider that seeks to unleash the growth potential of women led SMEs. Through WIC, Senegalese SMEs are able to scale and improve the supply of productive, decent jobs to the youth. L’Arbre de Vie Group is a women owned enterprise aiming to create formal jobs for youth.
L’Arbre de Vie Group is a company in the agricultural value chain integrating cosmetics and the agri-food industry, with the aim of promoting African flora through natural products. CFYE’s support will enable L’Arbre de Vie Group to scale their business to reach new markets as well as the international market.
To support with this ambitious goal, L’Arbre de Vie Group is seeking a dynamic and experienced Marketing and Sales Strategist to support the team and drive the development and execution of a marketing strategy. The ideal consultant will have a proven track record of creating successful marketing campaigns, a deep understanding of market trends in Senegal, and more broadly in African economies, and the ability to translate business goals into effective marketing initiatives that will allow the company to grow sales.
As a Marketing Strategy expert, your responsibilities will include:
– Market Research and Analysis: Conduct thorough market research to identify opportunities, trends, and competitive landscapes.
– Analyze consumer behavior, industry trends, high potential market segment and market data to inform strategic decisions.
– Strategic Planning: Develop comprehensive customer-oriented marketing strategies aligned with the company’s business objectives.
– Elaborate a strong customer’s acquisition plan.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate marketing plans into overall business plans.
– Identify precise target most suited to the company’s products and services.
Your success in this role will be evaluated based on the following deliverables:
– Improvement of the Brand Image to align customers’ ideas with the company’s mission, vision, and values.
– Comprehensive Marketing and Distribution Strategy: Develop and present a detailed marketing and distribution strategy that aligns with the company’s business goals and objectives.
– Marketing campaigns: Plan, execute, and report on marketing campaigns, including digital marketing strategies including SEO, SEM, social media, press release and email marketing.
– Feedback and Optimization Recommendations: Collect feedback from stakeholders and use it to optimize marketing strategies and campaigns for better performance.
– Training and Guidance: Train and guide internal teams on marketing strategies, best practices, and the implementation of marketing initiatives to ensure smooth handover following the completion of this consultancy.
– KPIs and Growth Impact monitoring relying on analytics: market share, conversion rate, number of new effective clients, sales growth.
As the Marketing and Sales specialist, you will report directly to the CFYE Senegal Country team and collaborate extensively with L’Arbre de Vie Group throughout the project.
Planning and Expected LoE (Level of Effort):
The assignment is scheduled to take place from April to June 2024, with a total input of 15 days. The level of effort required will vary by month, depending on the activities involved, with an expected commitment of 5 working days per month.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
– Possess strong expertise in marketing.
– Have expertise in supporting private sector businesses and enterprises with marketing strategies.
– Ability to work independently as well as take an advisory role with multiple stakeholders in a time-pressured environment.
– Demonstrable proven knowledge of the Senegalese market, as well as the broader West African market, including its challenges and development potential.
– Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and a track record of developing and maintaining effective working relationships across teams and organizations.
Deadline: Monday, March 11, 2024.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.