Project Overview and Role:
The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment (CFYE) is a 7-year and €134 million programme funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, that aims to create a prosperous future for 230,000 young women and men in the Middle East, North Africa, Sahel & West Africa and Horn of Africa regions. The Fund will be supporting initiatives in 12 focus countries that will offer youth, in particular young women, opportunities for work that is demand-driven and productive, offering a stable income and safe working conditions, and that is contributing to their personal development and social protection.
The portfolio of projects is selected from business cases that were proposed by private sector, civil society and knowledge institutions. Each business case has outlined scalable solutions for creating more and better jobs and income generating opportunities for youth. Solutions in particular focus on an integrated approach that addresses the shortcomings on the demand side (jobs) and supply side (skills) and bridging the mismatch between these two in the labour market.
The primary objective of the Salesforce Administrator is to support CFYE by maintaining and enhancing the functionality of the Salesforce platform, ensuring data quality and accuracy, and identifying and resolving system errors. The Salesforce Administrator must possess advanced knowledge of Salesforce, with a keen understanding of its configurations, automation processes, and data management capabilities. Experience with data visualization tools like Excel and Power BI would be considered an asset.
The Salesforce Administrator will work with the Results, Data, and Impact (RDI) team and will focus mainly on Salesforce configurations, user management, and data integration. The position holds overall responsibility for ensuring the efficient and effective use of the CFYE Salesforce instance for both program management and learning. This includes day-to-day upkeep as well as finding innovative ways to validate and display program results, validating collected data, and devising strategies for data monitoring and reporting.
Within Salesforce, CFYE works with the module Amp Impact from Vera Solutions to record results and targets. Additionally, the ActiveCampaign App is used to manage email marketing and Titan Forms is used to collect information from (prospective) projects.
In this role, you will work closely with the RDI team of 5-7 colleagues and collaborate with the wider CFYE Team and sub-teams as needed. The position reports to the Results, Data, and Impact Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Salesforce Administration and Management:
• Configure, customize, and manage Salesforce to support business requirements, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
• Coordinate with the wider CFYE team to ensure Salesforce configurations and data strategies align with organizational needs.
• Develop and maintain materials and guidance documents related to Salesforce best practices, the MEL system, and the Management Information System (MIS).
• Provide training to CFYE team members on Salesforce, its functionalities, best practices, and any relevant processes as required by their roles.
• Manage access to both the Salesforce Org as well as other platforms and dashboards related to Salesforce.
• Conduct data validation within Salesforce to identify inconsistencies and discrepancies.
• Develop and maintain Salesforce documentation including data dictionaries, metadata, and configuration guides.
• Ensure data quality by building validation rules, automation processes, and monitoring strategies to identify potential data issues. •Utilize Salesforce reporting and dashboard capabilities to track, monitor, and evaluate daily data updates.
• Collaborate with the RDI team and the RDI manager to ensure Salesforce effectively captures the required information/data, in alignment with the overall Management, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and Data Analytics strategies.
• Assist the RDI team, the team manager, and CFYE at large with Salesforce strategy development and optimizations to further support the learning agenda of CFYE.
• Design, develop, and maintain reports and dashboards within Salesforce and Power BI to cater to both specific audiences and general organizational needs.
• Ensure that Salesforce reports and dashboards are accurate, user-friendly, and consistently updated.
• Customize, automate, and schedule Salesforce reports and dashboards to meet the distinct requirements of different stakeholders.
• Interpret and present data insights directly from Salesforce to both internal and external stakeholders, offering recommendations based on the data.
• Implement and manage Salesforce data monitoring tools and processes to regularly audit data quality, ensuring consistency, accuracy, and completeness of records within the platform.
• Proactively monitor data storage, API usage, and other system limits within Salesforce, setting up alerts and taking corrective actions as needed to prevent potential issues.
• Proactively set up and run regular data backups.
Collaboration and Communication:
• Collaborate closely with CFYE cross-functional teams, including Information and Technology Support, Fund Management, Technical Assistance, and data entry colleagues to ensure Salesforce data accuracy and integrity.
• Clearly and promptly communicate Salesforce-related issues, updates, and findings to relevant internal stakeholders.
• Provide training to team members on Salesforce best practices, usage, and data management techniques.
• Act as first point of contact for any questions from either colleagues within CFYE or from the projects we support about Salesforce and data- related topics.
• Stay informed of industry trends and advancements in CRM platforms, with a particular focus on Salesforce enhancements and features.
• Ensure that data within Salesforce, including CFYE’s Results Framework, MEL templates, and other collected data, is evaluated and updated promptly.
• Assist the RDI team and the RDI Manager with Salesforce data evaluation queries and conduct necessary data checks and tests. This also involves supporting any external evaluation teams with data extraction requests from Salesforce.
The position reports directly to the Results, Data, and Impact Manager. This is a full-time position, working hours are 32 – 40 per week. The position is based in the Netherlands and is not remote. Working from home in the Netherlands is possible on an ad-hoc basis, and is arranged with the RDI manager.
• Preferably, a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
• An understanding of data management principles and best practices.
• Familiarity with data systems, databases, and data integration techniques.
• Familiarity with Salesforce /Salesforce-based data platforms is essential.
• Experience with Amp Impact Module (Vera Solutions), ActiveCampaign App, and Titan Forms would be considered an asset.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies
• Experience working on a diffuse, multicultural team, preferably in a developing country or a similar environment.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent management skills (planning, problem solving, decision making, etc.)
• A positive, flexible attitude to work, including the ability to multi-task.
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills (in English).
• A passion for the field of international development and improving people’s lives.
• Some familiarity with current theories about sustainable labour practices.
• Fluency in English required.
• Experience in Salesforce Administration and some data analytics, preferably in a similar role.
• Intermediate-level proficiency in Excel and Power BI.
• Experience with monitoring results, data systems, and running data quality checks is an asset.
• Available for at least 32 hours per week.
• EU citizen or eligible to work in the Netherlands. The position is based in CFYE’s offices in Utrecht, Netherlands.
How to Apply:
Please include a Cover Letter (a maximum of 1 pg.) and a CV (a maximum of 2 pgs.), both written in English.
Deadline: 16 November, 2023
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.