35 days up to February 2021
The CFYE is looking for a Private Sector Development and Outreach Consultant who is well connected (at board or executive level) in the private sector in South-Sudan (both larger well-established companies in-country as well as high potential and growing SMEs with innovative business models, including in the digital space). The ideal candidate has access to channels to reach these private sector entities, including business associations, network organisations and (local) private equity funders (as the pipeline of these PE’s could be interesting for the fund).
The Private Sector Development and Outreach Consultant in South-Sudan will be expected to lead/contribute to the following activity areas, specified for different stages of a challenge call in South-Sudan:
Early pipeline identification
- In line with the overall aims and objectives of the Fund, propose high potential sectors for the Fund to focus on in South-Sudan.
- Identify and list potential segments, companies/company profiles, and other organisations (civil society and knowledge institutions) that could be interesting investment partners (IPs) for the Fund.
- Support the Partnership Development Manager with developing a detailed outreach approach for South-Sudan and develop a marketing strategy detailing how to best reach these high potential leads, including:
- Identifying and connecting with relevant (media) channels
- Organisations (local P.E. funds, other challenge funds, private business associations, etc).
- Systematically report relevant insights to the Partnership Development Manager, Fund Management Team, and Scoping Team (if already active).
Establish initial pipeline
- Enter initial prospect, contact details, and all relevant data into the online CFYE pipeline management tool on a regular basis.
- Start reaching out and engage directly with prospects, analyse the feasibility of prospects’ business models and analyse “fit“ for the Fund.
- Update information on prospects in the online CFYE pipeline tool on a regular basis.
- Feed the technical scoping team with information relevant for qualification criteria and formulating the challenge call for South-Sudan. Provide a list of potential partners to interview for the scoping team
- Liaise with technical scoping team to get suggestions about potential prospects and provide feedback on the formulation of the call for proposals.
- Initiate activities for (digital) outreach/other channels in-country to market the fund and upcoming call in collaboration with the CFYE Communication and Marketing Manager.
Pipeline management, Partnership development, support with concepts
- The volume of the pipeline expected to be built out to over 100-150 relevant leads.
- Start working with 20-30 high prospects to work on potential projects for fund application, further deep dive in profiles, and business models prospects.
- Support with partnership development as well as project design.
- Support the CFYE Communication and Marketing Manager with local marketing activities before the call, and support with follow up engagement activities.
- Support organisations webinars / other presentations with relevant (sub) sector associations and platform.
- Keep pipeline up to date, filled with relevant data for this stage.
Ensure successful applications of high-quality prospects
- Support with Q&A sessions and development of FAQs, inbox replies in direct collaboration with call manager.
- Final feedback on challenge details in case adjustments is relevant/necessary to secure a healthy, high-quality list of applicants.
- Weekly update call on the pipeline with Partnership Development Manager/country/call lead.
- Last support to concept formulation, partnership development and guide applicants towards submission.
- Hand over a brief summary on potential applicants and recommendations for the evaluation committee.
The Private Sector Development and Outreach Consultant in South-Sudan will report directly to the Partnership Development Manager based in the CFYE office in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
The role is expected to work closely with the technical scoping team, the fund management team, and the Communications and Marketing Manager.
LEVEL OF EFFORT
The person will have 35 days LOE available up to February 2021.
Fee rates will be discussed with the successful applicant based on fee history. Part of the remuneration will be converted to incentive-based payments linked to data quality in the online pipeline tool, volume and quality of the pipeline, and conversion rates of prospects to applications.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.