The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment (CFYE) is a 7-year and €134 million programme funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, that aims to create a prosperous future for 230,000 young women and men in the Middle East, North Africa, Sahel & West Africa and Horn of Africa regions. The Fund will be supporting initiatives in 12 focus countries that will offer youth, in particular young women, opportunities for work that is demand-driven and productive, offering a stable income and safe working conditions, and that is contributing to their personal development and social protection.
The portfolio of projects is selected from business cases that were proposed by private sector, civil society and knowledge institutions. Each business case has outlined scalable solutions for creating more and better jobs and income generating opportunities for youth. Solutions in particular focus on an integrated approach that addresses the shortcomings on the demand side (jobs) and supply side (skills) and bridging the mismatch between these two in the labour market.
DASRI Sterile, an industrial company founded in 2016 by Mrs. Bannouri in El-Krib, Siliana, is actively engaged in treating hazardous waste from hospitals and health institutions. To further extend and diversify its production capabilities, DASRI has undertaken a project co-funded by CFYE. The objective of this project is to create, match, and improve a total of 1029 jobs by the end of June 2025. In order to achieve this ambitious target, DASRI requires technical assistance in sourcing and engaging key roles. Additionally, the assignment includes developing the management team’s skills in recruiting highly skilled professionals in rural and interior regions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific Activities; As the HR & Recruitment Consultant for DASRI Sterile, your responsibilities will include:
– Defining the recruitment needs for key roles within the company, using detailed persona mapping to ensure an accurate match.
– Identifying key resources and competency mechanisms within the local context of DASRI.
– Developing the capacities of DASRI’s management team in effectively recruiting skilled resources.
– Offering necessary training (3 to 5 days) in Human Resources Management (Recruitment, Evaluation, Development, and Retention)
– Providing technical assistance to DASRI in identifying suitable candidates for the key roles, working closely with the management team.
Your success in this role will be evaluated based on the following deliverables:
– Presenting three interesting applications for each key role, with at least two sourced from the North-West region.
– Creating a participative and well-structured mapping of the recruitment process, in collaboration with the company.
– Developing job posting announcements for the identified key roles.
– Designing comprehensive training curricula and maintaining signed attendance lists.
– Develop job descriptions for future recruitment processes and candidates.
– Responsible for co-creating contract templates alongside DASRIs management team, outlining roles and responsibilities for potential candidates.
– Develop interview guidelines and assessment methods, while also participating in interviews with potential candidates.
– Ensuring timely submission of timesheets as part of the deliverables.
As the HR & Recruitment Consultant, you will report directly to the Country Lead and collaborate extensively with DASRI throughout the project.
Planning and Expected LoE (Level of Effort):
The assignment is scheduled to take place from 01 October to 31 December 2023, with a total input of 15 days. The level of effort required will vary by month, depending on the activities involved, with an expected commitment of 5 days per month.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following criteria:
– Be based in Tunisia and possess the legal right to work in the country.
– Have the relevant years of expertise in HR consulting and skilled individual recruitment.
– Demonstratable proven knowledge of Tunisia’s private sector, including its challenges and development potential.
– Possess experience in training private sector enterprises in HR and Recruitment.
– Desired: Previous experience working in the North-West region of Tunisia.
– Be willing to travel to various locations within the country to meet with stakeholders.
– Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and a track record of developing and maintaining effective working relationships across teams and organizations.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can submit their Curriculum Vitae as well as a brief description of the methodology to be used to deliver this mission (no more than 4 pages), not later than 15 September 2023.
Deadline: 15 September 2023
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.