31 March 2023
The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment (CFYE) is a 6-year and €114 million programme funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, that aims to create a prosperous future for 200,000 young women and men in the Middle East, North Africa, Sahel & West Africa and Horn of Africa regions. The Fund will be supporting initiatives in 23 focus countries that will offer youth, in particular young women, opportunities for work that is demand-driven and productive, offering a stable income and safe working conditions and that is contributing to their personal development and social protection.
CFYE requires a supply chain consultant in Kenya to work with one of their Implementing Partners (IPs) in developing and refining their supply chain strategy. The success of this client’s business model is very dependent on their supply chain: The IP has partnered with local governments to develop and operate waste-to-energy plants. Currently, the IP has deployed three pilot waste-to-energy treatment plants and signed joint development agreements with government actors in three different counties in Kenya – Nakuru, Malindi, and Wajir. The purpose of these pilot plants was to prove that we could sell biomass fuel made from waste products in partnership with the government. The revenue from the fuel covers the costs of the plant, allowing it to operate in perpetuity, thereby creating decent formal jobs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
CFYE requires an in-country (Morocco) Digital Strategy Expert to work with one of our implementing partners (IP) in the development of digital strategies that increase our implementing partner’s (IP), (the client) engagement with their partners, collaborators, especially in rural areas and the wider agriculture ecosystem.
The purpose of the role is to support, develop and implement digital strategies for our Implementing Partner (IP) working in the agriculture sector. Specifically, the IP is in the agri-tech sub-sector, developing tools using remote sensing and AI to help farmers and organizations mitigate risk and optimize production. The digital strategy expert will develop and implement digital strategies, helping the IP create effective digital experiences that meet their business goals and help attract new collaborators and customers.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
– Conduct an assessment of IPs important facts and insights, IPs current digital performance and identifying key opportunities, current relationship with customers, best practices and synthesis of key internal and external insights and analysis for key recommendations on areas of improvement by the IP.
– Conduct as assessment of IPs digital products and provide targeted recommendations for new existing and new products to build given the IPs current portfolio.
– Develop and execute digital platforms including the Program Apps, video promotion, mobile and digital campaigns to engage and train the program beneficiaries.
– Plan, execute and maintain an internal calendar for content creation and curation.
– Developing direct digital marketing campaigns that include websites, blogs, mobile apps, social media persuasion, email marketing, and search engine optimization aimed at encouraging use of IPs products.
– Advise client’s staff on how best to utilize the digital medias for business success.
– Actively seek out and help define new creative methods and mediums for telling the client’s, customers and stakeholder’s stories across all digital platforms.
– Work closely with client’s staff to track and monitor digital platforms learnings and optimize campaigns based on the best-performing strategies and to achieve established KPIs.
– Actively use available information/content by the client to create or develop web content including blogs, articles, case studies, and eBooks, compelling graphic presentations and animations videos to help promote IPs products or services.
The consultant is expected to work closely with the IP to build:
– A robust and practical digital strategy with practical implementation steps for the client.
– A set of concrete, actionable plans or recommendations the IP can use immediately or in the near-term to increase their visibility and positioning in the digital (internet, and social media) space, grow their digital base and increase the use of their products.
– Final report (at least 5 pages).
The consultant will also be expected to design a tool for CFYE on youth focused digital marketing based on the learning of the assignment.
Level of Effort:
This assignment is expected to take up to 20 days over a period of 3 months (May to July 2023). The scope and length of this assignment may be amended with mutual consultation and agreement.
For the purpose of this assignment, the consultant will report to the Morocco Country Lead and work closely with the implementing partner.
– Has the right to work in Morocco (exceptions may be made for regionally-based consultants).
– Expertise in digital marketing.
– Work experience in digital strategy development or a related field.
– Demonstrated experience in growth hacking, campaign management and social medias.
– Expert knowledge of the e-learning, web, social media platform, digital advertising analytics and reporting with the ability to communicate outcomes and insights to non-digital experts.
– Ability to measure and produce regular digital reports to influence the digital strategy and enhance beneficiaries learning.
– Experience with various content management systems and platform such as Drupal, and WordPress.
– Experience with platforms, systems and applications like Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Exact Target, Hootsuite and Meltwater.
– Experience in managing online advertising campaigns such as Google AdWords.
– Experience using Google Analytics and analyzing and presenting results.
– Knowledgeable about creative requirements of social media and video platforms.
– Fluency in written and spoken in Arabic, French and English is necessary.
How To Apply:
Apply on the website by sending a cover letter explaining how you match the role. Attach your CV, which should be at most three pages long in English.
Closing Date: 31 March 2023 at 23:59.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.